Sunday, July 3, 2011

Gawk at the awk: Plaid is Rad


This picture would have been okay if 1) we were celebrating our scottish heritage or 2) Lady Mother had previously had a wild love affair with Johnny Rotten. Neither of these are true, sadly. (I mean, how cool would it be if the proper Lady Mother had once been a punk rawk groupie? But I digress.) I am also wearing my beloved lace-trimmed socks, probably sewn by my badass great aunt Willa Mae. Willa Mae adorned all my sock-tops with lace or beading. I though kids with plain socks were sad little paupers.

Take away the turtlenecks, the tights (I like how Lady Mother's legs are five shades darker than her face.) and attack the outfits with hedge clippers and safety pins, and we would have been one smokin' hot family. Vivienne Westwood would want to be my godmother, we would look that punk rawk awesome. I wish I could rock Lady Mother's frosted pixie - probably the most Alt-not-lame part of this photo.

7 comments:

kyleen said...

The matching outfits are so cute :D

Ali said...

I had so many frilly socks. summer socks had lace frills and winter socks had frills made from tartan ribbons. they were great.

FashionFreak/Mihaela said...

aww.

new post♥mfashionfreak

Cee said...

I think everyone has family photos like this one- not all families are wearing plaid; my family is all wearing matching Sun Ice ski jackets in ours ;) It's funny to look back on, of course. Mainly because you have to wonder what was going through your mind when you made those decisions... After all, I like to think I was a rational person when I put on my Sun Ice jacket :)
xox,
Cee
http://cocoandvera.blogspot.com

Martina said...

Cool picture! These things never go out of fashion, it's all in the mix ;)

The Many Colours of Happiness said...

Bahahahaha this is the funniest family photo ever! I actually think the plaid looks cool :)

Fabrizia said...

Hi! I like this post so much, really great!
If you want come and visit my blog, and if you like, follow me!

http://cosamimetto.blogspot.com/